Below you’ll see the full range of professional development opportunities we offer. Please note: Not all of our standard courses are on offer all the time – our schedule of upcoming courses can be seen on our Events page.
Standard Courses..for more details.
- We also involve several other people (our “Visiting Professionals”) over the course of the day, to talk about a subject from their perspective.
Topics are organised by numbers and ideally training starts at 101 eg Media 101 and proceeds through to 105 in the particular series eg
- Media 101: Understanding the Australian Media
- Media 102: Writing an Effective Media Release
- Media 103: Liaising with the Media
- Media 104: Developing Simple Media Strategies
- Media 105: Responding to a Media Crisis
The full list of our standard course topics and a summary of their contents is listed on our Standard Courses page.
Tailored Courses..for more details.
- federal politicians and their staff in media management.
- CEOs in media and etiquette for senior managers.
- senior government officials applying for senior private sector roles (media, interview preparation).
- departmental staff in how to provide speech-related information to their Minister and ministerial expectations of material provided.
- IT professionals within a government department in communications for IT rollouts.
- subject matter experts in media interviews.
- communications and policy staff in the development of organisation-wide communications strategies.
- a range of junior to senior staff in networking for an organisation that held a major high profile conference each year.
Specialised Courses..for more details.
- Media 106 : Media for Small Business
- Social Media 106: Video Production for Social Media.
Courses by Other Organisations / Individuals
These may be industry organisations (such as the IABC or PRIA) or individuals who are well known in their field who have developed their own course/s and who we think offer our public affairs community interesting material for their professional development.